On The Bounty

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SMS messages are transfered over air made of solid gold  (Read 809 times)

Lėgion

• Mutineer
    • View Profile
SMS messages are transfered over air made of solid gold
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:58:40 am »

Those with ADD may skip this as it's TL (I'm actually kinda surprised I read it all). I have not activated text messaging on my phone because I "thought" it was just obnoxiously over priced. I was so naive, insanely underestimating.

http://gthing.net/the-true-cost-of-sms-messages/

stolen from /dot
'When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name.'

Oct

• Cat Herder
  • Heidi Fleiss
  • Oh snap
    • View Profile
Re: SMS messages are transfered over air made of solid gold
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:14:57 pm »

and this is why it pisses me off when people use SMS to talk to me, I absolutely loathe it. And of course if they text you, you feel obligated to reply via that method because you assume that they cannot talk on the phone.

flor

• Corsair
  • Mutineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:23 pm »

A couple of people at work text me - I respond to them via normal work email to avoid texting back. And I don't assume that they can't talk on the phone, since occasionally I even call.
Trashcat is not amused.

Metazare

• Mutineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:28 pm »

They're attempting to pass a law in MA that says if you're caught talking on a cell phone while driving, you get a fine, but ontop of that if you're aught texting while driving the fine is nearly tripled or something like that.

What the hell is happening to this world we live in? I can see if you're on the phone for say....a minute or two to talk to your wife, ask her if she wants you to pick up something for dinner or get milk or something before you come home, thats understandable. but texting while your driving? What the fuck is wrong with these people? How did texting suddenly become easier and more conviniant then picking up the fucking phone and talking into it?

I for one hope every single ass hat who text messages while driving crashes and burns.
Guy 1: I think 2 handed weapons is a racial ability.
Guy 2: You mean like affirmative action?